SAVANNAH, GA (June 25, 2012) Central Precinct officers are planning to go back to the streets at least five more times this summer in an effort to build on relationships with the people they serve.
Capt. DeVonn Adams has announced the dates for his next five “Roll Call in the Streets” as the officers in his precinct expand upon Operation “All Hands On Deck”.
The Roll Call is part of a summer emphasis on neighborhood patrols to address the normal increase in crimes during the months when school is out of session.
Moving the Roll Calls – the meetings of officers and their superiors before they begin their eight-hour shifts each day – to areas where the public can observe and participate is one of many tactics being used.
Adams also has established traffic stops, bicycle and walking patrols and mounted patrols. During the summer his officers have voluntarily agreed to limit days off to assure that more patrols are on the street at all times.
All Roll Calls begin at 2:30 p.m. The next scheduled Roll Calls in the Streets include:
* Friday, June 29: Metropolitan neighborhood, Wells Park, West 38th and Montgomery Streets
* Friday, July 13: Cann Park neighborhood, Cann park, West 44th and Stephens Streets.
* Friday, July 27: Tatemville, Staley Avenue and Temple.
* Friday, Aug. 10:Feiler Park/Hussars Temple/Dittmerville areas, fairgrounds on Meding Street.
* Friday, Aug. 24: Cuyler/Brownsville area, Heritage Apartments, West 34th Street and Harden
# # #